Brian was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1985 and has been in state trial courts, in administrative hearings, before arbitration panels, in bankruptcy courts, in federal district courts, and before appellate courts ever since.
Before forming his own firm, he practiced with a number of small and large firms including Wilson, Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in Palo Alto, McKenna & Fitting in San Francisco, and Cohen, England & Whitfield in Ventura County.
- J.D. University of California at Davis, 1985
- B.A. University of California at Davis (Economics), 1982
- State Bar of California 1985
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California 1985
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California 1986
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California 1989
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals 1993
Professional and Community Associations
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (website)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California Chapter
- California State Bar Committee for the Administration of Justice (2008-2010)
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Peninsula Executives Association (website)
- San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation Board of Directors (website)
(for a complete list of Brian’s publications, visit The Desq.)
- Bankrupt and Loving It, The Docket, Vol. 48, No. 1 (San Mateo County Bar Ass’n 2012)(pdf)
Lorrie Murphy is LOBI’s chief paralegal and secretary. She is a certified paralegal and has been working with Brian Irion for over 10 years.
Laura Knapp is the office manager and bookkeeper for LOBI. She maintains the books and records of client funds, invoices and other financial records.